Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cheat meals or cheat days?

Do you have cheat meals or cheat days? In my head, I don't deserve either of these until I enter the maintain stage...which is far away! But yesterday, we are going to call a cheat day. I didn't even finish tracking my calories for the day because I can't even remember everything that I shoved in my mouth. 

Lately, I have discovered I eat my emotions. I've always known that really, but it's been slapping me in the face this week. I got a text from my hubs two days ago telling me he's working another 48 hr shift this weekend...this is while he's already been gone for two days, and will only be home today for a few hours then gone again....basically till Sunday. When I got his text I was immediately ready to eat! I wanted to cry and eat. 

Yesterday, I was having another day where I was just sick of him being gone....hence the cheat day. I controlled the urge a couple days before but yesterday....I didn't. Funny how your mind plays tricks on you. 

I've said it before and I will continue to say it. I don't know how single moms and millitary wives do it. I'm alone for days at a time and it takes a serious toll on me. I don't know if it's harder on me because I do stay at home with the kids...so the hours just kind of blend together lol. Maybe I'd feel different if I were gone during the day. But, while being home...we feel like those 24 and 36, and 48 hr shifts are a month long lol. 

So the goal is to keep pushing myself and to not let my emotions get the best of me! A cheat meal is one thing, but I can't afford a cheat DAY.....yet. 

So true!!! Haha :)

1 comment:

  1. We all emotional eat girl, I think everyone does. You have to remember that you've taught your body to react that way when it's stressed, so changing that habit isn't going to happen overnight. You just need to teach it new ways to cope with the stress. It'll take time, but you can do it.

    Cheats are going to happen... the important part is that you get up, dust yourself off, and just keep going!

    ReplyDelete