Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Who Are You? Part 5

Describe your relationship with your parents

Well, for starters....I'm an only child. My parents live literally 3 minutes from me. My Mom comes over everyday. No, I'm not kidding. EVERYDAY. I'm very close with my parents, and sometimes that's a problem. There are some boundary issues, lol

Where do I see myself in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years?

hmmm. I've never really thought about this! in 5 years my kids will 9 and 6. Holy moly. Both will be in school. I hope to be active in their school system. (my hubs is running for school board right now) I hope to be part of the PTA, room mom.....or whatever. Just want to be involved. We will probably also build our second home around this time.

in 10 years......my kids will be 14 and 11. I will probably either own a daycare center.....or I will be working somewhere. With both kids in school it may be time to get a job again! (we'll see, lol) Also around this time, my hubs will be eligible for retirement. Crazy, I know. But, he's been a FF/Paramedic since he was 18....and he's almost 39 now.

in 15 years....my kids will be 19 and 16. Ahhhh craziness!!! I can't even think about that! it seems nuts to me.

What is your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Not only for the true reason for the season, but for the all around feeling at this time. The giving, the family/friend togetherness, all the parties. I love the whole feeling of the season. I love the look on my kids faces, I love all of our little family traditions, and can't forget all the decorating!

What is your least favorite thing about parenthood?

I would have to say the worry that comes along with parenting. I'm a worrier to begin with, but that was nothing compared to the worry I have as a parent. I'm constantly worried they will get sick, always worrying if they are safe, worried if I'm doing the right thing, worried if I'm a good mom....and the list goes on. I've seriously developed some anxiety issues after becoming a parent. I feel like my mind never shuts off!

If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be, and why?

Princess Diana. I would love to ask her what the attraction was to Prince Charles, lol. I think she would be so interesting to talk to. She'd been so many places, and seen so many people. I'd love to hear her stories. I think she was an icon, and obviously taken way too soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just knew you were going to pick me for dinner. dang it.

    ReplyDelete