Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Big Deal

I  think I had a break through today! I have been struggling for months with trying to workout. I workout one time, feel absolutely awful during and after, and then dread doing it again. So, I usually don't do it again! 

Let me clarify, when I say I feel awful...I must explain that my hips are very uneven, need to be at the chiro all the time!!! But I don't go often. Oh and there is the fact that I'm very much overweight. So you get the normal back pain, knee pain etc. I have been having trouble with what I thought were shin splints. Turns out, I think they are just sore muscles. 

Today, I thought darn it.....everyone else can workout, I can to. I've been having this urge to try  to run lately. It's weird. I decided today I would try. So I get on the treadmill, and start out walking very slow. Then I tried jogging. Usually I can barely make it a minute. Today, I was doing 3-4 min intervals. And pain free!!! I was ecstatic! I totally went at a snails pace, but I went! I wanted to just keep going! It's been so long since I have been pain free! 
So I kept going until Drew woke up from his nap! That says 50 min and 22 seconds!! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. I feel like I see a light at the end of the tunnel! That maybe I can do this!! It felt goooooood!
And of course a little proof that I was attempting to workout to send to the hubs!! I really can't explain the feeling I had today. I have struggled so much with so many things since I've gained all the weight. Today, I felt on top of the world, to be able to move, and not hurt! 

I could have pushed myself harder. When I was done, I was sweating, but I didn't feel like I was going to fall over. I felt like I could go more! My face wasn't beat red, and my heart wasn't pounding out of my chest. Usually all these things are happening in addition to my not being able to walk because my hip, and shins hurt so bad. 

So, did I work as hard as I could have? No. But I just wanted to feel good!! I haven't been on the treadmill for 50 min in years!! I went soooo slow today, but it made all the difference! 
So, for the first time in years......I can honestly say I think there is hope to lose this weight!!!



2 comments:

  1. Yayy, so happy for you! Girl when I run I go slooooow... like the total fat girl bounce... but that's not important! You did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow girls unite! I'm super slow. But it's all good. Because slow running is good for you too!

    ReplyDelete