Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 1




Well, I survived day 1 of my new lifestyle change. It wasn't bad. I didn't get super hungry, and kept things healthy. I am happy with that. I didn't workout though. That is a fail, because that was a goal of mine. But, I plan to today! 

I made small changes yesterday, but they were good for me. Instead of left over tacos for lunch...I left out the tortilla, and made a taco salad. I used salsa for dressing, but I did crumble up a few tortilla chips and throw them in. But again, baby steps. Normally, I would have pounded two tacos, and chips! 

For dinner, I had half a turkey sandwich on wheat bread. I did have cheese on it, but no mayo or anything else. But here is the bad part......I had fries on the side. We went out to dinner. Could I have found a better side dish? Probably. Did I try hard enough? No. Fail #2. But, all in all it was a good day. I feel better than I normally do for sure!! I'm proud of myself. 

Some of you are probably thinking that I didn't do that well.....that's ok. From where I have been, it's a great start! I will ease into more drastic changes. 
I would chalk day 1 up as a success. On to better things in day 2! After dinner and before bed are the hardest time of the day for me. After my kids go to bed, I always think lets watch the DVR and eat! That's an excellent idea! Ummm it's not, don't do that! I lived through the temptation of day 1, come on day 2!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a successful day and don't beat yourself up over bad choices here and there. You're human... you're going to have fries every now and then... as long as you don't make a habit out of it you're totally fine. Enjoy those fries and be proud of yourself for making good decisions the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete