Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My baby is growing up!

Yesterday was a big day. Cole started Pre-K. I really can't believe it. Next year at this time he will be in Kindergarten! I don't think I'm ready for that. I can handle preschool.....probably because he only goes 3 days a week for 2 hours and 15 minutes! That's alright with me! I'm ready for him to come home by 11:15! But, in our town kindergarten is full day....so I worry that I should have sent him to a longer day Pre-K. The programs that I looked in to have regular class in the morning, lunch, then they have them lay on cots for 2 hours, snack, and go home. I just don't like the idea of having him lay on a cot for 2 hours! He doesn't nap anymore, and I think asking a 4.5 year old to lay on a cot for 2 hours is asking for trouble! Besides, I am at home! That is precious time I could be spending with my boy his last year before Kindergarten!

After I picked Cole up from school, he informed me he hates school and doesn't want to go back. When I asked him why, he said "the kids are too loud" lol. He's had a quiet summer apparently. But, 15 minutes later he decided he liked it. Thank goodness. I really don't know how I will handle him being in Kindergarten next year. All day, everyday. That will be the longest I have EVER been away from him. I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes! Until then, I'm going to cherish every second that I have my little man home with me! He can sometimes stress me out but, he's my whole heart! I don't like him growing up so fast! 

I love that he's such a little man now. He's so smart, the things he comes up with blow my mind. In some ways he's so grown up, and in other ways he's still my baby. I love that. I'm so thankful that I can be at home with him. I'll never get these years back, so I plan to take in every second. 

Things are difficult when you go from a two income household to one income. I'm hoping and praying that we can continue to make it work, so that I can keep staying home with my boys. It's a constant worry I have. That I will have to leave them. I am trying to do the best I can to cut out unnecessary spending, and make sure money goes where it's supposed to go. It's an adjustment for sure. I feel myself always thinking that if I had an income things wouldn't be this tight....I could help with this, or I could help with that. But, I'm trying to constantly remind myself....that day will come. Right now, my boys need me to be their Mom. If we can swing it financially, until they are in school....then that's what I'm going to do. I wouldn't trade these crazy, stressful days with them for all the money in the world.

1 comment: