Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Train wreck of a morning!

As you know, my hubs is a Firefighter....and if you didn't know you are obviously not paying attnetion when you look at my blog...it's kinda hard to miss!  Last night he was on shift (24 hours).  I put Drew to bed at 9:00...but of course Cole wasn't having it. By 10:30 (ugh) Cole was finally falling asleep just in time for Drew to wake up! AHHH!!! I NEED to sleep, for the sake of everyone!

Ohh, NOW you sleep!

Drew was then up again at about 1:30....then Cole at 3, and Cole again at 5. By 5 AM I had not one, but two kids in my bed, and a cat! I'm not a fan of the kids in my bed, but when you are exhausted, and alone....you do what you gotta do!

And so begins my "train wreck of a morning"
Since everyone was FINALLY sleeping so soundly in MY bed.....myself included...I didn't wanna get up this morning! I didn't get up until 6:40!!! My kiddos for daycare arrive at 7:30! I had to get myself ready, and 2 kids in that amount of time! DIDN'T HAPPEN! I ended up carrying clothes to my basement for both kids, nobody's bag was packed last night (I must have been on something last night!) I ALWAYS pack the bags at night.  When I finally get to the basement....I didn't even have a clean bottle to feed my crying baby! Seriously, I don't know what my deal was last night, it's like I forgot who I was! UGH! I hate starting days like that! Throws me off.  My hubs gets home at 7:30AM with my savior, and unsweet tea from McDonalds...it's my coffee! He quickly changes, and heads off to his part-time fire dept. He will get home at 6:15 this evening IF he doesn't get stuck on a call.
THANK GOODNESS!

My Mom arrives to take Cole to preschool, and I'm still getting him dressed, he hasn't finished his breakfast, and he's not in the mood for any of it! probably from his middle of the night play-dates he wanted to have last night! Finally after getting Cole off to preschool, and the kids I watch off to Kindergarten....I can finally dress my baby! Whew....I revolve around a routine/schedule for every aspect of the day, and when that gets thrown off....it takes me a while to recoup! :)
 
So let's hope we get back on schedule for the rest of the day! Happy Hump Day everyone!
And of course a few pics of my babies, just because I love them :)
Anyone need a ride?

Cole having lunch at my parents lake house

No comments:

Post a Comment