Friday, September 28, 2012

First Couch-2-5k Workout

Yesterday I did my first couch -to-5k "workout". It was at a snails pace....I had to stop 15 minutes in and situate Drew, then do the rest, and I felt like my shins were going to explode! So you can see, it wasn't the "ideal" workout! But, I DID IT! that's what matters. Just as I suspected, EVERYTHING jiggled, and bounced, flipped, and flopped and I was mortified...but I DID IT. More importantly, I did it alone with 2 kids in the room! Time to stop making excuses, and make it happen, so that's what I did. I think I would enjoy it a lot more, if I would have had my ipod, and wouldn't have had my kiddos right there...but I DID IT. After the 15 minute pause....I actually did start to enjoy it! I felt good that I was moving! Once I get in a groove, I do enjoy exercising...I used to anyway. Back then, I had less pounds to move around...and saw results a lot faster. That's before I had my boys! The days when I would work out in the morning, go to class, go to work, come home and work out again! ahhh....the days without a care in the world. After my first "workout" yesterday....I started thinking about the new playlist I was going to create for my ipod, and I actually started to get a little excited about what's to come. We'll see how long I am excited about it! But, I have conquered my first fear....the fear of getting started. I had an angry moment while running. I was so angry that I let my body get to this point. It's frustrating, and humiliating, and motivating!  I'm planning to do the 30 Day Shred, with the Couch-2-5k....and get this big butt in shape! I've got a long way to go....but I see those jeans in my closet with tags on them, at the finish line!! Well, not the finish line....the I've hit my first goal-line? Baby steps! :) 
My pre-workout scared face....and my post-workout......STILL scared face....and cheeks a little more red!
My boys hanging out, while I was running. Drew wasn't a happy camper, and Cole played with trains, and then decided to start throwing match box cars at me and watch them fly off my treadmill!! KIDS! Somehow, we got it done though! I felt good after, sweaty, and gross, and amazing!
Made dinner for my kiddos after, and Drew decided to make a giant mess! Bigger than he ever has before, and he had fun doing it!! Cole fell asleep during his dessert! After that, I watched the season finale of Honey-Boo-Boo on my DVR....and only on Honey-Boo-Boo would a baby be born with 2 thumbs on one hand! Not surprised!  We had a successful evening while Hubby was at work for 24 hours!

Love those crazy, noisy, messy boys!!
Happy Friday Friends!! Enjoy your weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good job, Kristen. Keep at it, girl. It will get easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, My name is Kelsey and I found your blog on the firefighter wives page. I am not a fire fighter wife yet, but my DH is in the Army and is working towards becoming a firefighter! I would love to hear more about being firefighter wife so I know what I am getting into! Keep up the great work and you will get were you want to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can handle being an army wife, than you can definitely handle being a ff wife! I don't think I could handle being an army wife! The 24 and sometimes 48 hour shifts for a ff stink, but I know that's nothing compared to deployment! I struggle a lot with having 2 small kids, and being alone most of the time...but that comes with the territory! I'm hoping once my kids get older it will get easier, but for now it's tough! I'm pretty exhausted most of the time ! haha. You learn that you can never make plans with anyone before checking the giant calendar on the wall to make sure your hubs isn't on shift that day! :)Before we had kids....that 24 hour shift every 3rd day wasn't a bad thing! Got to hang out with friends, or whatever...but now I don't like it! During the week it's not so bad, but the weekends stink! But, like with anything....you get used to it (kinda) :)

      Delete
    2. I cant make plans now with out checking hubby schedule and it changes weekly! I also have 2 small kids and struggle with being alone a lot. Thankfully when he was deployed, I only had my daughter and we were back home around family! Being an Army wife isn't really all that hard, considering the job my hubby does. But thank you for the advice!

      Delete