Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend ups....and downs

This weekend was anything but restful! Saturday my hubs ran in his first half marathon! He even finished faster than he thought he would! He ran with his friend Shawn, and said next year he's doing it again! They ran together the whole time, and had a good time! Quite an accomplishment!!
My hubs is the one in the black with the orange shoes! His friend Shawn is beside him in the blinding greenish/yellow shirt!
Saturday evening there was a "cornhole tournament" in the cul-de-sac in our neighborhood! It sounds funny, but it was fun! I didn't play...I had the kiddos but it was a good time hanging out with the neighbors, and letting the kids play! Lots of family friendly stuff on the weekends in our neighborhood, which is nice! All the kids love playing together.

Drew was watching Daddy play cornhole. It was a pretty intense game! From what I've heard...Daddy, and our neighbor Sean won the tournament! So saturday was a pretty good day....sunday however, not so much!
My hubs went back on shift on sunday (24 hours) saturday night Drew was up all night, screaming! This little guy never cries so you know something is wrong! Sunday morning I had to take Cole, and Drew to the ER alone! Drew has ANOTHER ear infection! his 4th infection in 6 months, and his second infection in 3 weeks! Poor little man! He had to get an antibiotic shot in each leg, and has to go back for the next 2 days for another shot each day. Now we are going to the ENT. I feel so bad for this little guy! Breaks my heart!Everytime he cuts a tooth...BAM ear infection! So yesterday was a rough day....very fussy baby, no sleep from the night before, and alone for 24 hours. Woe is me, lol His little eyes were so red, and he wouldn't eat. I hate it when my babies are sick.

Cole wouldn't cooperate for a pic, so he didn't make the blog photos today :(  So, all in all this weekend was full of stress, no sleep, and bad eating. Making this Monday morning a very sleepy, guilty one. I have NO makeup on today....which rarely happens! I usually at least do something with myself....but not today. I'm tired, stressed, and had a very fat weekend. Gotta get back on track today, and do my workout....and no eating crappy food!! Ugh, it's so not worth it for the guilt, and gross feeling you feel afterwards!
Happy Monday!


3 comments:

  1. Having sick babies can make the days feel long in the worst way. I hope it's all on the mend now. And congrats to your hubby for running a 1/2 marathon-- wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor babies. I had my little boy at the Dr. yesterday. He has a double ear infection, croup and a runny nose. :-) I just hate it when they are sick. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's doing much better!! Today, he's blowing bubbles, and laughing again! and taking his bottle again! yay! We are going to an ENT for the ear trouble :( 4th ear infection in 6 months. Hope your little guy feels better too! Croup and a double ear infection....poor little man!

    ReplyDelete