Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Over excited Mama!

Today it was Cole's turn to take snack into his preschool class. It's farm animals week, so naturally I spent all week last week thinking of a snack to go along with the theme. No, the snack does not have to go with the theme but for this Mommy....it does! That's just how I am....must be the preschool/daycare curse I have. They wanted a somewhat healthy snack...so the cute little animal cookie cutters I have were out. Booooooo. So I had to think of something else. Well, we ended up with animal crackers. If you guys think of something else now and post it on here, I'm going to be really upset! lol. Where were you last week huh?? So I just buy a bag of animal crackers, some juice, take it into school, and call it a day right? wrong! Not, this Mom. Of course we had to get Halloween treat bags, and individually bag up everyones snack. I'm sure those teachers are going to love me today when they have to undo the twist-tie on 18 little treat bags. You're welcome Mrs. Richards! I bet she can't wait till Cole brings in his halloween treats :)
I was so excited to take his snack in today...so I wanted to take him to school myself this morning. (I always WANT to, but I can't....so my mom does it on the days my hubs isn't home) So I took Cole to school, walked in with our snack, handed it to the teacher. I wasn't looking for balloons, and streamers, and fireworks but something a little more than "thanks". I just knew the teachers would be as excited as I was about the cute little bags Cole picked out. Hmm, not so much! and Cole? He couldn't have cared less that it was his turn to take snack. In the store the other night, he was all about picking out the treat bags however. Last night when I was filling them.....yep he laid on the couch and passed out orders! haha. Well, I thought his snacks were cute, and I'm already thinking about his halloween treats! Yes, I need a hobby :)
Well, at least I had fun making my little man's snack special!

In other news: Last night Drew slept from 8:30-3am!!! Still not technically all night, but for us that's good! Starting about a month ago, he waking up every 2 hours. Not ok....buddy. That was the same time he went on antibiotics for an ear infection. Just the other day when he got antibiotic shots this time for his ears because the other antibiotics weren't working....it dawned on me 2 nights ago...that's probably why he was up every 2 hours! Meds weren't working! Poor baby! So up at 3am for a bottle, drank the bottle and back down till I woke him up at 7:10am!! It's the worst thing in the world to wake a sleeping baby...but I gotta. So he's a happy boy again, and I'm a happy Mommy! Although I'm yawning more this morning than I ever do! Go figure! My body was teased with a little sleep last night, and is wanting more!Let's hope Drew sticks with this routine....better yet....sleep all night buddy! You can do it! You're 6 months old you NEED to do it! I wasn't blessed with good sleepers! But, they sure are cute :)
Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. I love the little bags! Now I wish my daughter was in school so I could do snack time!!

    My son is 15 months old and he is still not sleeping all night! He is usually up once, but sometimes its twice. He thinks its time to get up for the day at 6!! Hopefully your little man starts sleeping for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 3 year old is still not a gret sleeper either! Maybe it's a boy thing!!

      Delete
    2. It must be a boy thing, because my daughter has slept threw the night since she was 3 months old!

      Delete
  2. I should hire you to do treat bags for me when I have to take them in lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good mama, Kristen! Nothing slows you down. Wanna make some Halloween treats for my kid? HAHA.

    Are you vlogging on Friday?

    Shoot me an email sometime: holly.j.stanfield@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete