Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Fun

Yesterday, I received a letter from Cole's preschool teachers. It said something along these lines.....
RE: Halloween "party" I forgot to put this in the newsletter, sorry.... but our halloween festivities will be tomorrow Oct, 25. You should bring a treat for 15 kids, and please stay to help your child pass out the treat.
WHAT???? Awesome. Tell me the night before that I need treats for 15 kids! I had some things planned, but I had them planned for NEXT week on Halloween. Nice of them to tell us the day before huh. That's some serious poor planning if you ask me! Anyway.....off to pinterest I go, for an emergency treat! I decided on witch hats, and brooms! Mainly because there was no baking involved, and it's something I could make quick! I had in depth frankenstein cupcakes, and mummy cookies planned for next week. Guess I will try those for our daycare party! So here's what we came up with....
Cole wanted to sample them the whole time we were working on them! :) I thought they turned out cute! They were super easy, and quick.....seeing as I had less than 24 hours to get something together! Here is a pic of Cole all ready for his party today! They are not allowed to wear their costumes, only halloween shirts....LAME!

I'm not sure what's up with the new "smile" lol. But, he's still cute!! ANNNND since we got to help with the halloween treats today, I got to leave the house for a little bit!! Holla!!!



Our neighborhood does something we call "boo" each halloween. You get a halloween bucket, fill it with goodies, and then after dark you put it on someones doorstep in the neighborhood, ring the doorbell, and run! Inside the bucket is a picture of a ghost that says "Boo to you" ....you put the ghost on the front door to show that you have already been "bood" You then make 2 copies of the instruction sheet, 2 copies of the ghost, and make 2 buckets of your own....and "boo" 2 more neighbors within 48 hours. We received our "boo" on tuesday night! So last night Cole and I filled buckets so that we could go "boo" our neighbors!!


Cole had fun taking them to our neighbors! He thought it was even cooler that he got to go walk around in the dark with Daddy :) It's a fun little tradition! Our neighborhood is only 4 years old, and full of kids, we do lots of fun things like this! Exciting for the the kiddos, and well, me too! :)  Carving pumpkins was postponed until tonight! So that should be a good time!!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the "Boo" idea!!! Unfortunately, my neighborhood is a bunch of grumpy old people... LOL! My house was built in 1974... there are still a lot of original owners around here! Haha!

    ReplyDelete