Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just Because...


I have a few random things to share today! First of all, yesterday was Drew's ENT appointment! We got some good news! He has no fluid in either ear, and hears perfect out of both. Right now, there is no need for tubes! This made me such a happy Mommy! I know many children have tubes, they work for some kids, and for some they don't! That's not to say that I'm against them at all....Just means that I don't believe in putting your child through the surgery (minimal, yet still surgery) unless it's absolutely a necessity. So for now, we will hold off. Dr. did give us the paperwork for tubes should Drew get another ear infection in a short period of time. So keep your fingers crossed! He has been sleeping soooooo much better this week! In fact, 2 nights in a row he slept ALL NIGHT! Yes, you read correctly. ALL NIGHT! Last night he went to bed an hour earlier than normal so he was up about 3:30, but that was after 6 hours straight. I'm not complaining! He did go right back to sleep after a few ounces...so again...I'm NOT complaining!! He's cutting 4 teeth right now, so the fact that he's sleeping at all makes me happy!

                                                              Good job my sweet boy!!

Cole went to the Dr. this morning. I thought he had an ear infection...turns out, he does not. He's been a cranky pants all week, and not wanting to go to preschool all of the sudden. I'm not sure what thats about. I'm wondering if he got in trouble at school, or something that I dont know about. So since he didn't feel good he only went to school 1 out of 3 days this week. I'm pretty sure he's playing hooky however. Already starting giving me trouble about school at age 3. Help me! From what I hear, his dad wasn't so big on going to school either. Greeeeeaaaaat! We all have this cough, and just feel blah....so I don't doubt that Cole doesn't feel well...but I think he's using it to his advantage for sure! I mentioned before that the kids are in to watching my old Disney VHS tapes in my daycare. Today, Cole has the kids watching Mary Poppins. I'm not so sure any of the others are interested, but he is!!
Yes, I'm very much aware that he should not be sitting this close to the TV, but it was a cute pic!
Now a very random pic! I am sending home a letter to my daycare parents today about some important upcoming dates, and I'm super proud of the cute pumpkin letter I created! :)
                                                That is all, Happy Thursday Boys and Girls :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pumpkin letter! I feel so accomplished when I make such professional and cute letters to send home! HEHE! I send home a newsletter every month and the parents love it!

    Glad to hear the good news about the boys as well!!!

    Tomorrow's Friday! WOOHOO!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for friday!! The monthly newsletter is a great idea! I did a lot more of that stuff when I had a lot of kids...now that I'm down to 6 total plus my 2...I just send info letters home :/ but, I do miss all the extras!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you didn't have to go the tubes route. We had to get Haven tubes last year after we noticed a speech delay. Come to find out, he had fluid on both ears and everything was sounding muffled to him-- he never knew what we were saying. Made me so sad. :/ But oh my gosh... what a big difference... Now he is my little Mouth of the South. :)

    I hope you have a great weekend with your boys!

    And did someone re-do their blog? It's looking fabulous and more like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the tubes worked for Haven! I am crossing my fingers we don't have to do them...but 4 infections in 6 months..it's not lookin good! Yes, I am "working" on a blog remodel lol. I'm still not very good at it....but it's coming along! :)

      Delete