Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Drew is 7 months old!

Drew is 7 months old today! I can't believe it! In one way it feels like it's been forever since he was born, in another way...it seems like it has flown by! Figure that one out! He has made our little family complete. No more babies for us! I have always heard "you'll miss the baby stage" from other moms. I've always thought , wow there is seriously something wrong with me, because I couldn't wait for Cole to get bigger! With the second baby (Drew) you tend to notice little moments more, and hold on to them more. You know what's to come as they get older, and you're ready for it.....but for now...you enjoy your "baby".  I am very nervous with babies. When they get sick it's more of a big deal, when they sleep it's more of a big deal, bottles, diaper bags, baby food etc. There are just more things to worry about with babies. I love my baby of course....but I'm excited to watch him grow, and learn. I'm weird like that, I guess. I look forward to him walking, and running around with his big brother! I look forward to having conversations with him. I look forward to teaching him new things! Cole was walking at 10 months old, so it just dawned on me that Drew could be walking in 3 months??!?!?! that seems unreal.

I understand what "those moms" mean when they say I'll miss the baby stage...but, I wouldn't change the fact that babies grow up into their own little person! I think that's the fun part. Watching who they turn out to be. I feel that with Drew, I am a much "smarter" mom than I was with Cole as a baby.  I am better at caring for a baby this time around. Sorry Cole! I just know what I'm doing, a little more this time!

Drew is 20.5 pounds, wearing 12-18 months clothes...has already grown out of some 12 month clothes! He's a big, happy, boy! He's has the happiest little personality! He loves Cole to pieces. I love watching them interact with each other. So sweet.I feel like Cole is becoming such a big boy! He's going to preschool, fully potty trained, getting more independant each day! He's growing up! Now.....this may be when I get sad! Not the baby stage, when they start getting older stage! Some of the things Cole says each day amaze me! He's so smart. He's a sponge thats for sure! He soaks up everything we say.....even the not-so-good stuff!! I wouldn't change any of it. This is what life is all about! I'm so thankful for my two sweet boys!
 I love this pic of Cole checking on his new baby brother! We were still in the hospital.



This is Drew at 7 days old. I looooove this pic!



                                 And my little man today, at 7 months old! Taking a little snooze!! Love my baby boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment