Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Needs a kick in the big ............

I have not only fallen off the wagon....I've now gotten ran over by it! UGH I don't know what the deal is! It's like I've forgotten everything about weight-loss. I'm eating crap.....and craving it! I want pop, pop, and more pop. If it's something I shouldn't have, I want it! I don't know what is wrong with me! Anyone who has ever tried to lose weight, knows that when you see results it's easier to keep going....but when you stop trying, it's that much harder to get going again! I need to kick myself into gear. I'm tired of looking/feeling like this.

Things in life have been pretty stressful lately, so I'm gussing the uncontrollable urge to eat is linked to that...but c'mon!! I gotta stop this! It's giving me even more weight to lose, and making me feel even worse about myself!! Something has gotta give! This is a message with one of my friends the other day, who is also wanting to drop some weight.
These are the things I think about ALL DAY LONG!!!! So how do I stop feeling sorry for myself, get out of this rut,a nd make it happen??? How do I MAKE time to do my workouts without letting the fact that I'm alone with the kids stop me? There has to be "me time" time to do the workout, and time to focus on myself. Other moms do it, this mom needs to do it. I think the amount of weight I wanna lose, it what scares the bajeesus out of me. Mama L was right today when she said that losing weight isn't just a physical battle. That's definitely the truth!!  My mind is my own worst enemie! I swear every post that girl writes, she wrote for me! So for those of you who have lost the weight....how do you keep going? Have you hit ruts where you give up? do you sometimes just wanna EAT?!?!?! Do you give in to the cravings, or find a way to steer clear? I'm so tired and frustrated with this rollercoaster! Yep....this is a big, fat, giant negative nancy post. You'll have that I guess :-/ ho hum.

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you girl! I find that if I eat what I want in smaller portions, I stay steady. Yes I have been eating Mac N' Cheese, enchiladas, crackers, etc... But I am maintaining my 9 lbs lost (I don't know how or where) by eating portions.. not the whole friggin' box! I've also been drinking coffee at home rather than the machine coffee at the local convenience store! I am also a soda hog and I've ventured away from my fav diet coke and I'm drinking DR. Pepper! UGH!

    I know everyone tells you, you have to make time for yourself... but during the days of doing daycare and then taking care of your own kids and bath time and bedtime, by the time 9pm hits, I am ready to hit the floor... forget exercising... I don't have the energy for that!!! I would rather sit my tired ass on the couch and watch an episode of something and then hit the sack...

    Sorry I don't have anything insightful to say... I'm in the same rut as you... LOL

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you crack me up! I wish you lived closer! We could totally combine our daycares, and workout during the day....I mean watch the kids during the day :) I am beat in the evenings too! I swear my evenings are so busy compared to the day? I'm not sure how that works? I think I just have so much to do in the evenings to prepare for the next day. I finally sit down at 9, and I'm sure you've read that I don't have good sleepers....so my kids still aren't even sleeping at that time, and my baby doesn't sleep all night. I swear they hate me! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind is my worst enemy, too. It's always mind over a matter. The suffering is worth it for a couple days because I always feel lighteron my feet in the end. But if I'm stressed? Fa-get 'bout it!

    ReplyDelete