Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Keep The Change Ya Filthy Animal

Well here we are December 19, I'm STILL not completely done shopping, I have nothing wrapped, I'm having my little daycare party, and to top it off I'm off tomorrow  because Drew is getting tubes in his ears! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Yep, tubes in his ears 5 days before Christmas. The ENT assures me that Drew will fine by evening tomorrow, and that it will not effect his first Christmas....but I still think we're a bit nuts! He needs them like, last month......so I'm happy he's getting in so quick! We just found out yesterday, that this is going down TOMORROW! I'm already an anxiety ridden mama.....so I might as well just start the nervous breakdown now!

He's not allowed to eat anything past 3:30 am and his surgery isn't until 10:30am! Yeah, that's going to be a rockin good time! I'm going to be a mess tomorrow, I have a feeling. But, I just keep telling myself it has to be done. He will feel better, and hey, maybe he'll start sleeping all night?!? That would be awesome.

Ok, back to my Christmas dilemma(s):
I feel like true meaning of Christmas gets lost. We all KNOW it does. We try to incorporate the true meaning to Cole, whenever we can. Like, each night we read a book called "God Gave us Christmas" It's on his level, and I think he understands. He attends preschool in our church, and he does know that Christmas is Jesus' birthday, and that is why we celebrate. So I guess we're doing ok with trying to educate our 3.5 yr old about the meaning of Christmas. But, sometimes I feel we don't do enough.

I get so stressed over not being done shopping, hoping that one last package I ordered for my mom comes on time....it says delivery date dec 26, and I even paid rush shipping!, worried about getting everything wrapped, everything made food wise since we travel bright and early christmas morning and won't be returning home until the next day.....with all this, I tend to forget to enjoy the season, and remember the reason for the season.

With Drew's surgery tomorrow my goal has now become.....to be happy, and rejoice in just how blessed I am. All the stuff will get wrapped, I'll get it all packed, I'll get the food made. It may not all be as perfect as I wanted, but it will get done. The important thing on my mind is my little man and his ears tomorrow! After that goes well, we can focus on the rest......until then.....not worried about it. All the other stuff seems so trivial right now. When yesterday it was all I could think about. I know my little mans tubes in his ears, is a piece of cake but for me.....that's still one of my babies, and it's a big deal!

One last note: Cole has become obsessed with Home Alone. Yesterday he went to the bathroom but had been in there longer than usual. I checked on him and found my two santa handtowels in the sink, soaking wet, under the running faucet. When I asked what he was doing, Cole replies "I'm playing Home Alone, Mom" AWESOME! UGH. You know in Home Alone, the wet bandits.....when they put dish rags in the drains, and turn the faucet on before they leave? Yep that's what he was doing. :(  gotta hand it to him though, that was pretty perceptive.

So today, we moved on to Home Alone 2: Did you know Kevin says "I'm up here ya horses ass" Well he does, and guess who picked right up on that! Ho Hum. I'm kinda figuring out, that Home Alone probably isn't the best movie for a 3.5 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment