Friday, December 21, 2012

Not Such a Big Deal!

Well yesterday was the day. Drew got tubes in his ears! We went to the ENT two months ago, and he said Drew was a perfect candidate, but at that time was asymtomatic. He wasn't infected, had perfect hearing in both ears, and no fluid in either ear. But, he said if he has another infection, fax the paperwork in and we'll get going on the tubes. Well.....Drew had not 1, not 2, but 3 more infections after we saw the ENT! I kept putting it off because I was worried about the anesthesia, and just the simple fact that you're performing surgery on my baby!

But a little less than 2 weeks ago the pediatrician gave him 2 antibiotic shots, (because oral no longer work for him)......and 5 days later the infection still hadn't cleared up and he had to go on an oral antibiotic. The pediatrician then said, he's too little to be on so many antibiotics, and if this keeps up it could eventually cause organ damage! ENOUGH SAID. I called the ENT back that day, and faxed the paperwork the next morning. Within 4 days Drew was getting tubes!

Wow, I'm not sure why I put it off so long! It was so simple! Drew was laughing and playing in the recovery room, and you'd never know he had anything done! He's been absolutely fine since! The ENT did say that he had fluid behind both eardrums (2 months ago he didn't have) so he had gotten considerably worse, and I'm confident we did what was best for him! I was worried over nothing, I think. He did wonderful, and I'm relieved it's over! Now let's hope it works for him!!
Here is my little man chugging some pedialyte! Worst part of the whole thing was that he wasn't allowed to eat past 3:30 am and his surgery wasn't until 10:30 am  AND they were running late so he didn't go back till almost 11! He was a little trooper!! We even got a Doctor hat for Cole as a souvenir ! Which he wore the entire evening last night!

This is Doctor Cole making cupcakes last night! He looks so cute in that hat, cracks me up! Just realized this will be the last post until after Christmas and I never did get to post a pic of our decor! well, just add that to the list of things I didn't get done this holiday season!! :) I still have all the wrapping to do. Plan on locking myself in the bedroom tonight and getting it all done. HOPING to get it all done! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment