Monday, April 22, 2013

Blog Friends Rock, and Our Weekend



Today, I thought I'd share a little bit about the struggles I've been having in the weight-loss world. The past month, I have mentioned that my life has drastically changed. I cannot go into much detail but I can tell you that I am now a true stay-at-home Mom. No babysitting on the side anymore. Since all that has happened.....I'm a lot less busy. (Although I shouldn't be, my house needs scrubbed from top to bottom) There have been a lot of changes for me. I now have access to food all day long, I didn't before. I am now bored, again shouldn't be....but what did old Kristen do when she was bored?.....yep, EAT....oh and since I was depressed a few weeks ago...I had my hubs pick me up a 12 pack of pepsi, and I've been drinking one everyday! Lots of bad habits that I had kicked 4 months ago, have been coming back the past 4 weeks. I also used to blog everyday. I looked forward to it. But, lately I haven't made time for it, I have felt like I don't really have much to say. I'm disheartened about a lot of things in life right now. One being, why doing good things for people, most of the time end up biting you in the ass. I guess you could say I've been in  hibernation somewhat.

Something hit me last night when I was scanning through instagram pics that all you girls have been posting. What has changed with me that I don't care what I eat, I'm not working out, and feeling the way old Kristen used to feel? It's the fact that I haven't made time to blog with all of you, and make myself accountable. Although we don't see each other everyday you blog friends were/are my inspiration and when I'm not involved, or not talking with you everyday.....you start feeling alone again. Overwhelmed in the whole process.....again. The cold hard truth is, when you eat crap, you feel like crap. When you don't move your body.....you feel like crap....when you let yourself feel like crap.....you becoming an even bigger pile of crap. lol. I try to make light of it, but it's the truth! So my blogging is going to become a priority of mine again. It really does help.

I've gotta kick this feeling. When you feel like life is a mess....you become like your surroundings. I'm a firm believer of that. When my house is a mess, I feel a mess. I know that sounds crazy, but it all adds up to not feeling in control. I've always been like that. When studying for a big exam back in college....I would have to clean my room first....because I didn't have a clear head for studying in a messy room. A little crazy I know! But, it is what it is!

Alright, on to some brighter news!

This weekend, Cole had his first soccer game. I was nervous. Last year we signed him up for tball. It was a disaster. He wanted nothing to do with it, and wouldn't leave Randy's side. Granted, it was at 9 am on saturday morning, outside in the dead of summer. It was so hot. There were 40 kids on the "team" so you had to wait 20 mins to bat, 20 mins to field, and you get the idea. It was a disaster. So I can't blame Cole for not liking it. But soccer? He loved it, and did amazing. I was so proud of him. It's indoor, and there are 3 coaches, he did so great.

Cole is the 4th kiddo in from the left, in a light blue shirt


We also celebrated Cole's 4th birthday with his friends this weekend! We had a bowling party. His first ever "kid party" His bday is April 27, we will do just immediate family on that day, but had a great time with his friends this weekend!

And yesterday, before heading out to my friends little boy's party....my hubs made a comment that it takes me forever to get ready. Not gonna lie, it does when I have to start from scratch. That, meaning I take a shower before going somewhere instead of at night when I usually do . So when I have to start with a shower.....it's a long haul. So I sent him this pic yesterday of why it takes me a long time.....
Hopefully now he understands! lol. Yes, I realize my hair looks super dark when it's wet. Weird. There you have it......another great weekend with my boys in the books! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. EMAIL ME, woman! I want some details. And you are gorgeous as always. :)

    ReplyDelete