Tuesday, April 16, 2013

School Picture Link Up

buttonTo me, this is the world's best linkup! I love pictures, and I love seeing what everyone looked like when they were little! I couldn't pass it up! Luckily, I have one of those Moms who keeps everything! I am one of those moms too :) This was easy for me to do because my mom literally has a school book labeled by year with all of my school pics, and about 1000 additional albums of just me. Yes, I'm an only child, lol.

I had to cut myself off, I wanted to post every picture in the book because they crack me up....but I stuck with the most embarrassing ones! haha.


One year I was Pippy Longstocking for Halloween. Those are wire hangers in my hair!
 
My Mom was all about the ribbons and bows! I don't recall a time that my hair wasn't in a bow or a ribbon, until I started doing my own hair! I hated it. I always cried when she brushed it, that stuff gets tangled up like woah!
On the left is my Preschool picture.....I guess I didn't want to show any teeth. It was probably because I was wondering why in the hell I borrowed a dress from an amish girl....on the right, my first day of Kindergarten. I was thrilled, in case you couldn't tell. I can't help but notice the giant scrunchie on my head, with like one strand of hair pulled through it. Way to go, Mom!
Oh yeah, you're right. That's a sweatshirt with "Nelson" on it. I was lookin good in my Star of the Month picture that hung in the hallway at school for EVERYONE to see. Yikes! I think the yellow turtleneck adds a nice touch. Apparently, I missed the memo on the correct way to wear a hat. You'd think that crazy Mrs. Armbruster (school secretary) would have helped me out with that before taking this awful picture! And then there's the school pic. All I can say is that my Mom and I BOTH obviously forgot it was picture day, and I apparently had started getting ready by myself at this point. I should have smacked her for letting me out of the house like this! She was probably running late too!
I guess, when I was in elementary school, I thought band was cool. I also thought  the clairnet was the coolest instrument since poptarts. I had a crush on a boy in my neighborhood who was in 9th grade, I was in 5th at this point. He played on the HS soccer team, hence the ADIDAS soccer shirt. I thought this would make him love me for sure!  Remember when silk shirts were cool? Yeah, me either. They were probably only cool if you had a silk bow to match it perfectly. Oh, and don't forget to button that thing up till you can't button no more! I think those are skeleton earrings in my ears. Again, where was my mother?!?! :)
This was when the "Rachel" from friends haircut was popular. I had to have it. And, honestly I think it looked pretty cute! I'm not complaining about this pic too much.....except for yet another turtleneck...but this time, it's short sleeved, I think that might actually be worse! Ahhhh....my 9th grade school pic. Enter braces. Yikes. I have never once worn my hair behind one ear like that, and I remember when the stupid photographer did that for me, I was thinking WTH....yeah should have went with my gut on that one. ugh. I hope you are all taking note, at the bangs that have shown up in every picture.
I skipped ahead a couple years. Two of my senior pics. Again with the bangs, AND a turtleneck! Hey, at least I was consistant right?
And finally on to College Graduation. The bangs are GONE, and I'm not wearing a turtleneck! Maybe I did learn something in college!

This was the most fun linkup! I want more like this! Ready....GO! PS.....Yes I blamed my Mom for a lot of my wardrobe problems! I'm not even kidding when I say she now buys MY KIDS turtlenecks too!!! AHH. She must be stopped!! :)

5 comments:

  1. haha that was fun.

    And silk shirts were amaze. I had them in every jewel tone... paired with stonewashed jeans

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I forgot about the instrument photos. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, there is so much right with all of these pictures, I can't take it! Thanks for totally capturing the fun of this link up and thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, my mom was a turtleneck lover too!!! I had them in every color. She still wears them, ugh! And she's a dickie wearer, too! Seriously, THAT woman needs to be stopped! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was always pippyyyy too! We are long lost soul mates!

    ReplyDelete