Thursday, March 7, 2013

NSV, Blog Crushes, and a New Look!

\


It's Thursday so that means "Non-Scale Victories"! These can be anything in your life, right? This week mine have to do with my health. I've mentioned multiple times that I am extremely anemic. We've known this since I was pregnant with Cole 5 years ago. I may have been anemic before then.....we just didn't find out until I was pregnant. I've been put on iron supplements multiple times. I take them for a few days......and then stop because they cramp my stomach so bad. Well after 2 pregnancies.....and my baby turning 1 in a few days....I'm still anemic and have been put on iron pills AGAIN. This time I don't have a choice but to take them.

So Non-Scale Victory #1:
I have started taking 1/2 an iron pill every other day. I know to some that sounds like nothing.....but to me? That is huge. I'll eventually build up to 1 pill every other day....but I know I just can't handle them daily. So baby steps for now. It's not a lot....but it's something!

Non-Scale Victory #2: 
I've been eating more iron enriched foods....which basically means, healthier foods! Spinach has a lot of iron...so I've started adding spinach to my salads.....eating more fruit......more lean meats.....very little carbs. This is probably why I saw an 8 pound weight loss in 1 week! HOLLA!!

That completes my Non-Scale Victories for this week............for me they are big ones!


I couldn't resist this link up! My first blogger crush would have to be Holly. She's my blog mentor! haha. When had 3 followers, she was one of them. Helped me figure out what I'm doing on here....and comments on everything when no one else was. Love her for that. For making me not feel all alone in this blog world! :)
Next on my blogger crush list Kimmy. I'm fairly new with Kimmy's blog.....actually found her on keek first! She is DEFINITELY my number one keek crush! haha. Makes me laugh out loud on a daily basis! Now if I could just get her to start watching Duck Dynasty, her life would be complete! haha.

Next up is  Marcy she cracks me up with her grap
hics on her blog each day! The barbie ones are my favorite! And she just lost 100 pounds. Freaking amazing!!!!

Last but certainly not least, Erin. She shares my love of country music, is super-mom, and she goes to the Grammy's! How could you not like to read about that???


 These are only 4 of my faves.....there are more! I could really go on all day....but I won't. You're welcome!


In other news....did you notice my new blog design?!?! Thank you Hubby Jack I feel like one of the cool kids now!! :)

And I just had to add this ecard in today, because it seriously made me laugh out loud! There are times when I feel like this is so true!!!

That's all I have for today! I'll be checking out all of you ladies linking up for the NSV today!!! Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 8 lb weight loss this week! And I love your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new blog look - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG love you and I love the new blog look! It looks awesome doll face! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for eating healthy! New follower here! Checking in with the NSV link up!

    -Sammie
    From Chunky to Funky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl Hey! You're my Republican blog crush!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great week for NSVs! Oh and I love your new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete