Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday!

Today is my best Weigh-In Wednesday yet! I went to the Dr. last tuesday, and from their scale then to my scale this morning....I'm down 8 pounds! HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted when I'm weighed at the Dr. I'm weighed in clothes, shoes, jewelry and at home I'm....well, not. lol You get my drift! But hey, I'll take it!

My goal last week was to lose 10 more pounds by Drew's birthday party on the 16. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it.......but now I have only 2 more pounds to go and a week and half to do it! So unless I do something stupid and gain weight....I feel confident that I may be able to reach my goal, and maybe more! That would be fantastic if it were more than 10 pounds! But, I'll be happy with 10 for 2 reasons. 1. Because it's 10 freaking pounds and 2. Because I actually met a goal.

My workouts are still slacking, but my eating is much better. I haven't been eating all healthy however. I eat what I want....I just eat a ton less of it. Everything in moderation right? Since I'm extremely anemic...I've had to go back on iron pills. I've started them a few times before and always stop taking them because they hurt my stomach so bad. But, this time I don't have a choice.....I HAVE to take them. So I'm starting off slow. I take a half of a pill every other night. So far, I'm doing ok on them....but I have been feeling a little nauseous every now and then. Iron is not fun. But hopefully with the changes in my diet, and the iron supplement...things will start to turn around. I found out that tea depletes iron. Up until a week ago when I found this out....I was drinking at least 32 oz of unsweet tea a day! I loooove iced tea. No sugar, no sweetener, just iced tea. Now I can only have it in moderation. I've actually cut out all caffeine all together....for iron reasons. It hasn't been horrible, actually a little easier than I expected. As long as I know I can have it once in a while as a "treat" then I'm good. It's amazing what you can do, when you don't really have a choice anymore! haha. I definitely feel better.....with cutting out most of the "crap food". My Dr. told me....this is a lifestyle change, and he's correct. Lots of changes, but so far so good!

This made me laugh....because it really is the truth. It just takes some of us longer than others to figure that out! I'm super excited about my 8 pounds......ready for another 8!  Happy Hump Day!!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! Love the quote too! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YAY FOR 8 POUNDS THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME SISTAH! YOU ARE ROCKING IT!!! I believe in you and I know you can lose those last two {or more} by the 16th! Easy peasy!!! Hang in there with all that iron crap and I love the picture at the end =) REMEMBER... WATER WATER WATER and exercise really is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it girl!!! Yeah for the big loss, that's amazing... you'll totally get that other two pounds in no time! That's one goal to cross off the list and it's motivation knowing that you can meet your goals! Hopefully next week at this time you'll be celebrating that 10 lbs. loss! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE JOB!!! You are doing amazing!

    That quote is SO true! lol and I agree with the moderation thing. I have always done my weight loss that way and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new design!!! Good Job on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UH ohhhhh someones new design is uppppp!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the loss. You inspired to pursue my goal.

    Blessings,
    Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girly I am visiting you from the link up again! I am loving the face lift!! Hubby Jack is amazing!! 8 lbs in one week?! Thats a-mazing!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete