Thursday, November 15, 2012

10 Reasons Why I Love My Firefighter

Taking a page out of http://mfdwife-toohottohandle.blogspot.com/ and talking about 10 reasons why I love my Firefighter! It probably woudn't be a surprise for you to know that with the schedule my hubs works, there is lots of stress in our home, and we don't see him very much! So the communication is sometimes lacking, and a lot of times we don't see each other for a few days at a time! With 2 small kids, and one who doesn't sleep all night....we don't have much time together. So we do a lot of assuming in our house, and you know know what assuming does?!?! Makes an ass out of YOU and ME!  So just in case he didn't know......

10 Reasons Why I Love My Firefighter:

1. He makes me laugh. That's what attracted me to him in the first place. He was funny!

2. He's a good dad. Both boys are totally in love with him....they play and laugh and have a great time. Cole is always asking for him while he's at work now!

3. He would give us anything in the world if he could.....and if he can't...he still tries!

4. Hardworking. He's good at what he does, and he's not afraid to tell you that! :) He's been doing it a long time, enjoys it, and is successful at it!

5. He can be the tough on the outside, kind on the inside kind of guy if he wants to be, or when he needs to be....but very sensitive underneath it all! Maybe even more sensitive than me!

6. Never forgets a birthday, anniversary, sweetest day, valentines day,....Nothing! Even when I have forgotten sweetest day (because it's not real lol) he did not!

7. Teaches Cole new things everyday. Good things, and goofy things!

8. Not afraid to talk baby talk to Drew, and sing him songs that the world can hear! lol.

9. He's a big kid!

10. He loves me for me. He loves me even when I'm hard to love. He loves me through the weight loss/gain battle.  He loves me through being stressed out, overwhelmed, over- tired .

I'm thankful for him everyday, even though I don't tell him enough. Today, he's doing the second part of his Lieutenant test....so send him good vibes. He was a Lieutenant for 13 years at his old PT dept....but at his full time he's right in the middle for seniority, so it's a little bit of a different ball game. 2 big tests, you have to pass....place in the top 3, and then they pick 1 to be promoted. So even if he scores number 1, they don't have to pick him. Sucks huh. He's more qualified than even his captains....but like I said....seniority rules the world in the fire service. So good luck to him today.....and hopefully all his hard work pays off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment