Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Baby Woes

Hey guess what.....Drew slept like crap last night. SURPRISE!!!! I know you are all shocked! For the past 3 nights it has been worse than usual! WHAT. IS. UP? I kinda wanna take him to the Dr for the 3, 127th time this month to see if he has an ear infection....but he's cutting a few teeth so my hubs says leave it alone. Hmmm....Mama always knows best, guess he doesn't know that! Take Drew to the Dr or not to take Drew to the Dr, that is the question!


Babies are hard. They can't tell you what's wrong, and if you have one with some issues than it's even harder! Lots of moms tell me I'll miss the baby stage.........ummm I love my baby to pieces but I will not miss the baby stage! I don't miss it with Cole, I won't miss it with Drew! Maybe I'm missing that chromosome or something!

So my questions today are what else can I do to make this baby sleep all night?!?! Heck, at this point I don't even care about all night, just a few hours at a time!!! He's gotten worse at sleeping! The past 3 nights have been HORRIBLE!!!

I feed him baby food 4 times a day, plus his bottles. Although he has cut way back on his bottles. Not sure why, and it's not from lack of trying! I make them, he just doesn't really want them. Good, I guess....IF HE SLEPT AT NIGHT.

He's a sweet little guy, always happy, never throws a fit....just doesn't sleep!! AHHH!! :)

He'll be 8 months old on saturday! I can't believe it, but then again I can. Does that make sense? It's been a long 8 months in some ways. Like with sleeping. Not sure if I've mentioned that Drew doesn't sleep all night?!?! :)

Anyway.....I'll take whatever tips or advice you have! Benedryl punch? WHAT?!?! Actually he does take an antihistimine called Atarax at night for his allergist (prescribed by his allergist) and it's supposed to help them sleep....yeah, not my kid!

Totally off topic, but so cute I have to share. On saturday morning I was sweeping the floors in the kitchen and dining room, Drew was in his exer-saucer in the kitchen, and Cole was running around playing. He looks at me and says "Mommy, Drew dropped him Teetha" I said, his what? Cole says "him teetha"....ohhh his "teether" his little ring he chews on. I thought it was cute....my little new yorker....who lives in Ohio?! Ahh well, still cute :)

1 comment:

  1. Poor You! What does his doc say about not sleeping?? It's so hard to suggest anything without actually knowing him or his schedule... Do you let him cry it out for a bit? Maybe it's an attention thing? Probably not, but worth the suggestion I guess... In my experience doing daycare, that's the only way I have gotten kids to sleep independently and longer than 30 minutes... I just have to let them cry it out... I'm not saying all night... but maybe he's got this routine going where he knows, "if I cry, mom will wake up, come in here and snuggle me"... I don't know... My kid is a nightmare getting to sleep, but once he does, he's out cold for a good 10 hours at night... we struggle with the bedtime routine...

    I'm interested to see what others have to say!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete