Thursday, November 8, 2012

That Weird Feeling

Do you ever have that weird feeling that someone just doesn't like you? No matter what you do, things come out wrong, you do stupid things...everything? Once you've made that first impression and feel like that person doesn't like you, it seems to go all down hill from there!

One of Cole's preschool teachers (he has 3) hates me gives me a bad vibe! To be honest, at the parent meeting when we first met the teachers, I wasn't thrilled with her either! Maybe she sensed that? She's older, and just very ummmm......matter-of-fact? Let's just say if you saw her on the street you wouldn't think she taught preschool. I may be stereo-typing a little, but it's the truth.

I feel like everything I do, she thinks I'm "that parent" the mom who is over the top. Well, I may be but I want what is best for my son! Cole has taken snack to school twice now. The first time I put all the snacks in little treat bags, this time I just sent two boxes of graham crackers, and a gallon of juice because I was afraid the teacher would be annoyed with me! lol.

Last week his class had a field trip to the fire station. Well, as you know....we know a lot about fire stations! Cole wanted to go anyway, so we did. Of course we know a lot of the guys who work there. The one who gave us our tour, happened to go to high school with me, works with my hubs part time,  and I babysit his daughter everyday! We had just saw him an hour before our tour when he dropped his little girl off to me! So of course he talked to Cole and I a lot. He talked about my hubs to the kids, he talked about Cole to the kids....and the whole time I felt like the teacher was thinking "blah blah blah, Cole's dad is a firefighter, blah blah blah! Made me feel super uncomfortable! To the point that when we were looking at the trucks, I started having Cole let all the other kids go ahead of him because he sees the trucks all the time. I shouldn't have to punish my kid because your mean teacher is watching me! Who cares if he's seen them before, he still loves firetrucks!

So then yesterday, when my mom was picking Cole up from school she said he was on the playground in his coat, but not his hat. So I sent a note today asking the teachers to please help him get his hat on before going out to play each day. I'm sure I'll hear about this one too!! We live in Ohio the temp is in the 30's...I don't think I'm being too dramatic here! Ugh.

I just hate the feeling that she can't stand me! It may be in my head.....but I doubt it! She's definitely not my biggest fan! I don't think there is a way to fix it, because I'm not going to stop being the parent I am, just to make some crotchity old lady happy!! LOL. When you're caring for my son....I expect you to watch over him just as I would. Guess she's just going to have to deal with it! If she were smart, she'd know that my mom is the one she better not piss off,  not me! lol

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that!!! I have been super lucky to have people I have worked with or people I already know as Jordin's teachers so they treat her as their own. Even though I know her Kindergarten teacher i was a big change for me to not be there and to not have some of my closest friends taking care of her.

    ReplyDelete