Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Little Holiday Stress

I'm feeling it, it's coming.....slowly but surely! Holiday Stress!! I realized this morning that I have 10 gifts to buy before next saturday! Yikes! That's for 2 Christmas parties. Plus, just like our neighborhood does the "you've been boo'd" thing....now we're doing "you've been jingled" and guess who is starting it? Yep, this girl. Well unless someone beats me to it! Which at this point, is quite possible. Our outside lights aren't completely done yet, the inside of the house is still missing a few things....and Christmas shopping? Yeah, I haven't even started! We have over 20 people that we buy for "immediate family" and that isn't including each other, or our 2 children! It's quite a process. I'm not even going overboard either! This is just our nieces, nephews, parents, grandparents, and 2 cousins that are with us on Christmas morning! Crazy huh. Through all of this....I try my absolute hardest to not let the stress take away the true meaning of Christmas, and to keep sight of the reason for the season.

Do you do the Elf on the Shelf thing with your kiddos? We haven't until this year....but we are starting it TONIGHT! Cole will get a kick out of it! :)

We also have family pictures on saturday. We are wearing black and red. Original huh? Everyone has something to wear except me! I am wearing red. How is it possible that I have no red, it's one of my favorite colors? I'm confused. There was a time that probably 85% of my closet was red! And so....this adds to my stress! I want some of the stuff I pin to just magically show up in my closet....so when I need things.....poof there they are....accessorized with shoes, jewelry, handbags....the whole 9 yards! That would be amazing.
Yep, that would be perfect. If only it were this easy right? Ho hum.

I plan on staying home all evening tonight, and making a dent in the good ole "to-do list". Let's hope I have this much energy by the time I actually get to come out of the dungeon daycare!

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any red either, but have fun shopping for all of those presents.. lucky duck! :)

    ReplyDelete