Friday, November 9, 2012

THINKING about Christmas Shopping

Cole is 3 1/2 and this year he's VERY aware of all the toy commercials on TV! So far the one thing he must have, and can't live without is the batcave. So ok, there is 1 gift.....as for the others, I have no idea! The kid has EVERYTHING!!!!! no joke! We are those parents who buy their child something every single time we're at the store! Pathetic, I know. So far his toys have taken over what used to be our office....and now we've even started putting toys in our 4th bedroom! IT'S. OUT. OF. CONTROL. So I'm trying to think more outside the box.....get him gifts he'll love, but that aren't all cars, trucks, etc. He loves books, movies, starting to get into action figures a little bit.....but as far as doing his whole Christmas on these few small ideas....I might be in trouble!
                                           This is the batcave he wants. Crazy thing is $50! WHAT?!?!


This is our first year with two children at Christmas! Drew will be 9 months old when Christmas rolls around. I have a few ideas in mind for him. But the obvious first Christmas presents like a music table, riding toys, or one of those training walkers that you push.....yeah we have all that! I don't want to buy them over again....but I do feel guilty that we use a lot of the stuff we already have for Drew. Crazy? So I've seen a few toys that my little Drew is going to need for his First Christmas, and he'll get some clothes too I'm sure!

Drew totally needs this!! Always wanted one for Cole, and never bought one....then he got too big!


So my question is.....How much is too much? My husband tells me I go overboard for Christmas every year! I don't know how much I spend, and I don't know when to stop. I just shop. Where do you draw the line? Is there a method to this madness??
                    A little hard to see....but there are presents clear back to the wall! This was last year.
                                                         So maybe I have a little problem




Now, don't get the wrong idea. My kiddos know the meaning of Christmas...well Cole does. It's not just a Santa thing in our house. We are church-goers....and not just at Christmas lol. Cole understands why we are celebrating, however....we do the Santa thing as well. We drive around and look at the lights probably 5672 times before Christmas comes, we listen to Christmas songs in the car, we watch Christmas movies in the car.....we got it going on! (Not yet though, I'm weird about that) Not until after Thanksgiving. It's supposed to be in the 60's here in Ohio this weekend....so I'm sure I'm going to see some Christmas lights start going up. I'm ok with that.....just not on my house! :) So right now we're THNKING about Christmas shopping, but haven't actually started yet. Usually don't even start till after Thanksgiving! We may need a headstart this year with 2 kids!!

3 comments:

  1. Cole sounds a lot like my Haven! :)

    We usually spend $100/ea... but probably won't do that on Olive since her birthday is in December, too... and she is a BABY.

    But toys are expensive. Chris's family goes all out, otherwise I would probably spend more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries dear, I go overboard too, well at least with Jordin. I cant help it, I spoil her rotten and its just like you said, Im totally that mom too that gets her something everytime we are at the store. I have one kid and with the ammount of toys she has you would thing there were 2 lol. I guess in my head, I was always spoiled so the tradition has to continue right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA @Kristen Price!! I am in the same boat!

    We have 1 son and I have successfully furnished a home daycare, my son's room, and the extra bedroom closet with kid toys... I am not a hoarder of any kind... I like things clean and organized. I despise clutter... but I'm beginning to think I may actually have a problem when it comes to my son's things... They are taking over the house!!! His birthday party is this weekend and people are asking what to get him... I seriously don't know because he has just about everything you can buy! LOL!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete