Thursday, February 28, 2013

Non-Scale Victories....and a few other things!

Last week I wasn't able to link-up, because I had no non-scale victories! Today, I have only a couple....but I still have some right?

1. I'm eating a ton less than I used to, and I don't really feel hungry! However, this does worry me a bit. Does this mean I'm not burning any calories? Am, I not starting my metabolism? Or am I just not hungry? Hmm.

2. Two nights in a row....we ate out. Well take out. I know....lazy girl over here didn't cook two nights in a row! One night we had Bob Evans.....I ordered grilled chicken plain, green beans, and mashed potatoes, no gravy. This is what I have always ordered. Only this time.....I had half of it to eat for lunch the next day! Then last night we had spaghetti from this little Italian restaurant that I love! I had spaghetti, and garlic bread. Only, instead of gorging myself and eating it ALL....I was able to feed Cole from my spaghetti, so much that he had two plates full, and he had my garlic bread too!  and I still have some spaghetti in the refrigerator!Yay for not eating till I can't move!! :)

Lately, it seems all I write about is my sick kids! Lucky for you, it doesn't stop today! My kiddos are my life so they are the majority of my posts....I'm not sorry about that  :)  Anyway......Cole and Drew were both down with a fever, not eating, just feeling blah. Cole is better now, and went to preschool today! yay. Drew's fever went away sometime early last week....but he still wouldn't eat....would only take bottles. Then Monday...he threw up twice, and had the ummm.....well other stuff twice also! :( If you know me at all, you know that throwing up is my biggest fear! I HATE IT. So yesterday, Drew was fine. No throwing up or any other stuff....still wouldn't eat, but was drinking.....just acted tired. I thought we were on the mend....then at 6:30 am this morning.....he had a diaper blowout again! Seriously? 30 hours with nothing, then bam! So I'm just holding my breath, and knocking on every piece of wood I can find that Cole doesn't get that mess next! Yikes!!! Mama is stressed beyond the max! 

BTW: An update on my Dr. issues. I went back to my old DR for a second opinion., I don't need the scope right now. I'm on iron now, and then they will check my levels again in 5 weeks, to see if they are increasing. Iron is a BITCH people. I hope you never have to take it! Very hard on the tummy :( That is all! Happy Thursday!!! Please send healthy vibes my way!!

4 comments:

  1. Good job on the portion control lady!!!!

    im also glad we both posted about poop.

    because we are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the portion control! I found you on the NSV link up with Katite and Lex :)

    -Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting from the link up, great job on eating less, I think that is HUGE!! I too used to continue to eat even as I was thinking to myself "I am so full I can hardly breathe" its nuts, but I havent done that in a while thank heavens! As far as sick babies, I am sorry, I have one little boy and it is absolutely miserable when he is sick! Ill be thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! It may depend on what you are eating. Are you eating power foods that keep you full longer?

    ReplyDelete